There is no single more important item in any household than a working smoke alarm. Nearly one third of residential fires and two-fifths of residential fatalities occur in homes with no smoke alarms. Put another way, having a working smoke alarm in the home reduces your chances of dying in a fire by nearly half.
Is your home safe from fire?
• Do you have an operating smoke detector on each level of your home?
• Do you test your smoke detectors once a month?
• Do you change your batteries twice a year?
• Does your family have a home fire escape plan?
If your answer is “no” to any of these questions, or you simply don’t know, we are here to help!
Firefighters of Enfield want you and your family to be safe from fire.
• Would you like a firefighter to show you where to install
your smoke detector?
• Do you need a smoke detector for your home?
Please call the fire department in your district for help!
For more information on fire safety from the U.S.Fire Administration by visiting www.usfa.dhs.gov or call the fire department in your district.
"Get Protected, Get Detected Program partially funded by a grant from
The Federal Emergency Management Agency U.S. Fire Administration